Friday, January 20, 2012

And down the rabbit hole you go...

In the beginning of this month, I was working on a piece that was inspired by the White Rabbit from Charles L. Dodgson's famous novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. After I had finished the rough pencil drawing, I went over it with pen and began painting the background with watercolors. At first I thought about giving the little guy pink eyes, like the original White Rabbit. But unfortunately it only gave him an eerie possessed look rather than the sweet appearance that I had in mind. Slightly frustrated, I painted over the eye with white acrylic paint and took a break from the project.

A couple weeks later, I started back up again. :)

Today, I finished the illustration, colored the rabbit's eye blue (to give it a gentler look), and added the final details. For the pocket watch I wanted to give it a bizarre Wonderland feel. So instead of numbers I drew the symbols (also known as suits) found in a deck of cards. And each of the three hands of the watch presents a tiny white bunny. I didn't have any gold colored paint, but I thought that gold glitter nail-polish did the trick. ;)

If you want a closer look, you can check out my deviant art page: http://purplemango1.deviantart.com/

Thanks for looking and happy hopping! = (^.^)=


No comments:

Post a Comment